Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Painted Rocking Chair - Nature Inspired

To all of my "home" loving friends,
 
I think we all love a little spot of sunshine
 
and a cozy corner of comfort in our homes.
 
Here is a nature inspired paint project
 
to brighten one of those places in your nest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the "before" bright and light...
 
 
 
A nice sturdy rocker
 
with a funky marbled seat cushion.
 
I used Sherwin Williams "Versatile Gray" Paint and
 
Minwax Early American Stain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know oil and water don't mix
 
but that's what I like about this.
 
The stain floats.
 
 
 
Adding some branches here.
 
 
 
 
Rough Sketch.
 
 
 
 
Fill.
 
 
 
 
Raw Sienna.
 
 
 
 
Liner detail.
 
 
 
 
Polyacrylic Sealer.
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
Now to add a great textural fabric.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That cozies it up just right.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!
 
Are you brightening a corner in your home?
 
Have a bright and happy day,
 
Deb
 
 
 
Link Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Deb - How CUTE!!! Love what you did with the rocking chair. I am getting ready to try some of your dragging technique soon. Will let you know how it turns out.

Judy

Artsy VaVa said...

Lovely! I have never thought of combining paint with stain. Thanks for the inspiration. Pinned it to my painted furniture board.

dana said...

Preciosa silla, y el dibujo una cucada.

Un saludo desde Madrid

Courtney said...

Gorgeous!! I love how you break all the rules with product...and it works so beautifully!! I need to fly over and do a workshop with you for a week!! X

Unknown said...

This is so darling. It makes a huge difference in that rocking chair doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your awesomeness once again. Blessings, Patti

Shannon {Cozy Country Living} said...

This is beautiful! I love how the stain looks on the chair and the sweet bird an painting are wonderful. I have a bench I have been figuring out what to do with and I think I might try the paint and stain thing:) Thanks for sharing you creativity!

The Checkered Apple said...

Great chair Deb! Love the little nest on the backside.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Deb,
The chair turned out great! Love the after.
I've used paint and stain before, really like how it turned out. I transformed a chair as well this week.

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

That's so cute Deb. You have such an eye for what will look good on a piece of furniture. You said you applied a polyacrylic sealer. Do you prefer the brush-on kind? Or a wipe on? Also, in the last picture, I counted several pieces you did that I remember reading about. I was just wondering...did you paint all ten pieces in that corner? I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Have a great day!

Debbie

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I love the flowering branches and bird's nest!!

Thanks for sharing at the Wildly Original link party =)

<3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Deb, The rocking chair turned out so cute! I love the yellow sign too.
xx,
Sherry

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this!
I never thought of mixing paint with the stain. I Love this effect. Thanks for sharing!

EveryDay Bloom said...

love it. My daughter tried painting a bird just a couple of days ago...I'll show her this post. Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to visit this website and reading the views of all friends regarding this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

Here is my webpage http://chatspotmd.com/blogs/31289/73586/exactly-why-they-named-it-organ